Saturday, April 09, 2011

More zigbee

I got a zigbee kit from adafruit and soldered everything up this morning. Im definitely a little rusty on the soldering. The interface board comes as a tiny board and you have to solder all the components on.
Once everything on the adapter is soldered up, its on to the radio that goes in the kill-a-watt. I drilled a hole in the case and mounted all the stuff, and plugged it in the wall (nothing popped or exploded)
I plugged the adapter into the usb cable and x-ctu can't see the radio.
We've been playing with these Digi radios for 2 years now, and I can tell that the radio in the kill-a-watt is blinking like it is waiting for a connection, and the adapter radio is constantly blinking (trouble?)
We're headed out for drinks tonight so im gonna take my meter with me and test continuity between all the traces and connections on the board.





No comments: