Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Enercient's first job

I'm going to go install an ecobee thermostat today, which is in fact Enercient's first paying gig involving a zigbee product. The customer bought their own thermostat, and it's in Mclean, Virginia- but none of that matters because it's a step forward.

Similar to the Honeywell wireless thermostat I installed in my house a few months back, it consists of a wireless remote that hangs on the wall, and a module that hard wires into the air handler or furnace in the basement. The wireless module communicates with the hard-wired section and controls the HVAC system.

However, the ecobee comes with a 1 year subscription to their service connecting the ecobee to a web portal, connecting the system to outside data (like weather, etc) I'm pretty good with wireless stuff so far, I hope I am able to connect these systems today without too much trouble.

I'll give an update after I install this one today.

No comments: