Saturday, November 08, 2008

Not a big deal

I know that in the world of Technorati, Twitter, Socialmedian, etc. ad infinitum I am pretty much small potatoes, but I have been working on a couple of projects that I happen to think are very exciting. Enercient Systems Technologies was a little idea I got to provide wireless HVAC controls to commercial buildings.

It turns out that it has become a full-blown business venture, and as we draw nearer to the official launch of the company, some very cool things have been happening:
1. Microsoft has been VERY helpful. I attended their heroes launch this year, I actually have an ACCOUNT REP, and we just recently signed up as a Microsoft Registered Partner. (depsite the fact that I've told them that we'll ALSO feature the penguin on some of our equipment.
2. We have a pending Energy Star rating in the works
3. We will hopefully have a contract with our supplier on the table in a few weeks.

I know that in the grand scheme of things, none of this is a very big deal to anyone and I try to keep it all in perspective- but for now, at least I'm excited about it!

No comments: