Friday, April 25, 2008

Technology

I still wonder sometimes if technology is really making our lives better, or if it is just more clutter to keep us from doing REAL things? I mean as long as we are answering emails, checking messages, reading web articles, etc. we're FEELING productive...
I just want to know when the tech is going to catch up. I mean when is it going to become an enhancement of the quality of life, and not a supplement?
For instance I have discovered that I really like listening to podcasts in the car on the way to work- because I get to tune in during a time when I am normally tuned out. This is one rare instance of the tech being an enhancement.
However, this morning i am going to open outlook, see a bunch of emails to which I need to respond, and I'll look up and discover that my morning is shot. Even after reading GTD and reorganizing my office- I just get the feeling that there's got to be a better way.
Anyone? Any one? Bueller?

No comments: